RenoTahoeDogs was designed as an alternative to the traditional boarding kennel and is a great choice for owners who don’t want to have their dog confined in a high volume warehouse. It’s also a realistic option for timid or anxious dogs that get over-stressed as a result of separation anxiety. Our staff is trained in animal behavior and Red Cross First Aid to assure pet-parents that you are leaving your family member in kind, patient and competent hands.
In a typical boarding kennel, dogs are kept in indoor concrete “kennel runs” with a “guillotine door” that grants them access to the outdoors, but the dog is still confined behind chain link and concrete. Often times these kennel runs are arranged side-by-side, in as many as 50, and the result is 50 frustrated dogs running up and down the chain link runs, practicing undesirable behaviors such as barrier-aggression, fence-fighting, incessant barking and neurotic pacing.
Our pricing rewards great owners for long term loyalty..
Home Boarding (per year per dog):
- 1- 16 nights $35
- 17-21 nights $30
- 22 or more nights $25
✔ Prices subject to change
✔ Proof of full vaccination required
✔ Neutered dogs only
Fitness Adventures (leashed dog walking/hiking)
- 35/walk per dog (typically 1-2 miles in 30-45 minutes)
- 30/walk (pre-purchased in a ten-pack)
- 20/walk for boarders
Payment: Full payment due at service.
Tipping: At your discretion, tips are appreciated.
RenoTahoeDogs Provides a Stress Free Tranquil Home Environment:
- A local business, not a website with 1-800 number customer service, brokering part time local dog sitters
- Meet & greet us at a local park and/or join us for a Fitness Adventure to determine if we all are a good fit
- 30+ years of experience with all breed of dogs; walking, training and boarding
- Lowest dog to care provider ratio available in Reno, Nevada and Tahoe area
- Fitness Adventures (dog walks), on leash 2-3 mile walks in a car free natural area
- Flexible ‘by appointment’ pick up and drop off times
- No aggressive dogs or breeds accepted
- Thorough and proven vetting process
- 100% positive reinforcement
- Canine first aid certified
- Great client reviews
- Safe socialization
✔ No Dog Warehouses ✔ No Side by Side Kennels ✔ No Cages ✔ No Crates ✔ No Overcrowding ✔ No Canine Infectious Diseases ✔ No Aggressive Breeds